Are you getting the best price on your Home Energy?
Thanks to a change in regulation, Ohio Residences are now able to shop around for their Electric and Natural Gas Provider. This means you could be saving money on your monthly energy bill. The Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO) has created the “Apples to Apples” website to provide residential consumers with a snapshot comparison of current natural gas and electric supplier price options and contract terms. The PUCO updates the Apples to Apples charts on a regular basis and verifies each supplier offer to ensure accuracy. The charts list only the certified Natural Gas and Electric suppliers and aggregators that are actively enrolling new residential customers.
How to take advantage of this opportunity:
1. Go to PUCO’s Apple to Apples website, http://energychoice.ohio.gov/
2. Select the Apples to Apples chart for your local electric distribution company from the list below.
3. Compare the supplier offers contained in the chart with the “Price to Compare” shown on your electric bill. Note the "Tariff" code referenced in some of the Offer Details can be found on your monthly electric bill, under the charges from the utility.
4. Choose the current offer and contract terms that work best for your personal situation.
5. Then Enroll. It is that easy
· As with all contracts, consumers should carefully read and understand all terms and conditions before signing any forms or agreeing to enroll with a supplier for natural gas or electric service.
· The Energy Market is ever changing and the best rate today may not be the best rate tomorrow. However, locking in a rate will reduce the fluctuation of energy cost for the contract term.
· Some Ohio communities have negotiated prices and terms with energy providers for their residents and allowed residence to ‘opt-in’ to the aggregation.
· Please be advised that if you are currently enrolled in the Percentage of Income Payment Plan (PIPP PLUS), you are not eligible to enroll with or switch to an alternate supplier.
· If you are currently enrolled with an alternate supplier, and want to enroll with a different supplier prior to the expiration of your current contract, you may be subject to an Early Termination Fee.