I mentioned that I take Spirulina which is blue-green algae. Well I also take a green algae, Chlorella. When the strong cell wall is broken it becomes one of the most nutritious and easily digestible food and with the highest level of chlorophyll. It is an estimated 45% protein, 20% fat, 20% carbohydrate, 5% fiber, and 10% minerals and vitamins. Chlorella contains vitamin B-12, B-1, B-2, C, K, folic acid, potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, phosphorus and, in small levels, zinc, manganese, and iodine. It contains complete vitamins and it great for vegetarians and vegans who often lack vitamin B-12.
Now let’s look at what that means for your body. Chlorophyll is plants hemoglobin and helps our hemoglobin to absorb and move oxygen throughout the blood. Another benefit is of Chlorella are its strong fibers help absorb many containments, including heavy metals, and pull them out of your body. This is why you find it in cleansing or metal removing products. This is also why I choose organic; to reduce potential containments I am exposed to. Actually even Dr. Oz had a segment on the power of Chlorella to remove mercury and decrease fatigue. I included the link below if you are interested. There are so many more benefits I will just list them
1. Helps to reduce bad breath
2. Helps to reduces body odor
3. Helps reduce side effect from radiations
4. Helps reduce risk of developing cancer and helps reduce the spread of cancer
5. Helps to stimulates the immune system
6. Helps to improve digestion! Don’t be alarmed if you notice a green tint next time you go to the bathroom.
7. Helpful in treating Crohn’s disease
8. Helps reduce ulcers
9. Helps to reduce cholesterol
10. Helps to increases energy
11. Helps to relieve PMS
12. Helps promote mental health
13. Helps reduce asthma attacks
14. Helps improve liver functions
15. Helps remove bacteria, poison and fungi from the body
16. Helps increase the body’s defense antibodies
17. Helps regulate you pH balance
18. Helps regulate blood pressure
19. Helps regulates blood sugar
20. Helps reduce arthritis pain
21. Helps you lose weight
22. Helps grow and repair tissue
I could go on but I think you get the picture and you are probably interested in trying Chlorella. You can find it easily on the web or in a nutrition store. Look for organic, broken cell wall, non-frozen, non-pasteurized Chlorella. It comes in powder, tablet and capsules so you can choose what works best for you.
I add resources so if you are interested you can dig a little deeper.